Sunday 28 April 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil Is a Woman, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1935 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Jimmy Wray: Scottish boxer and politician (d. 2013).
- Alexander Campbell Mackenzie: Scotish composer, dies at 87.
- Moscow underground opens (81 km long).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?