Wednesday 28 April 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Prince and the Pauper, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1937!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1937 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Saddam Hussein: Iraqi politician, President of Iraq 7/16/1979.
- John White: Famous Scottish international footballer who played as an inside forward.
- Jean Redpath: Scottish folk singer, emigrated to the United States in 1961, returned to Scotland in the 70s, now splits her time between the two places.
- 1st animated cartoon electric sign displayed (NYC)
- 1st commercial flight across Pacific, Pan Am
- First animated cartoon electric sign displayed (New York City, New York).
- First commercial flight across the Pacific, by Pan Am.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?