Monday 28 April 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1941 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Indus Arthur: American actress popular on soap opera General Hospital in the '60s and '70s.
- John Madejski: English businessman and academic.
- Nico Mastorakis: Greek filmmaker, director and radio producer.
- Karl Sharpless: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Iryna Zhylenko: Ukrainian poet and author (d. 2013).
- Ann Margret: Movie Actress
- Lucien Aimar: French athlete, a cyclist
- Flynn Robinson: American athlete, pro basketball player for 7 seasons beginning in 1966.
- Susan Kenney: American short story writer, and novelist. She married professor Edwin Kenney, who died on December 8, 1992; they had two children, James and Anne.
- Karl Barry Sharpless: American chemist, Nobel laureate
- Ann-Margret : Swedish-American actress, singer and dancer; onscreen since 1962. Her family had moved to the U.S. when she was five and she was raised in extreme poverty. In school, she blossomed into campus queen and made a TV debut with the "Ted Mack Amateur Hour" at 16. In her teens she auditioned for a job at the Playboy Club in Chicago. At 19, she went to Hollywood, driving across country with two male classmates, calling themselves the Suttletones. Legend has it that George Burns discovered her in 1960,
- Last British troops in Greece surrender.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 April 1941 and get them!