Sunday 28 April 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1946 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Nour El-Sherif: Egyptian actor and producer (d. 2015).
- Larissa Grunig: American theorist and activist.
- Ginette Reno: French Canadian author, composer, singer, and actress.
- Mary Lowe: American businesswoman and philanthropist, the President and CEO of Maralo, LLC, a Houston, Texas independent oil and gas exploration and production company, since 1973.
- Pierre-Henri Gourgeon: French business leader.
- Jean-Luc Erta: French sommelier, awarded the title of 'Best Sommelier in France' in 1973.
- Louis Bachelier: French mathematician and theorist (d. 1946).
- Pestalozzi Children’s Village (''Kinderdorf Pestalozzi'') established at Trogen in Switzerland to accommodate and educate orphans of World War II according to Pestalozzian principles.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dinah Shore - The Gypsy
- In the Moon Mist - Pied Pipers
- Sioux City Sue - Kate Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?