Monday 28 April 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Khan and Christian Jacq.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Doorway to Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1947 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Steve Khan: jazz musician ("Christmas Waltz").
- Christian Jacq: French author and Egyptologist.
- Nicola LeFanu: English composer and academic.
- Thor Heyerdahl and five crew mates set out from Peru on the Kon-Tiki to prove that Peruvian natives could have settled Polynesia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?