Thursday 28 April 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1949 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Jeremy Cooke: English lawyer and judge.
- Paul Guilfoyle: American actor.
- Bruno Kirby: American actor and director (d. 2006).
- Indian Larry: American motorcycle builder and stuntman (Born 1949).
- Jerome "Jay" Apt in Springfield: Massachusetts, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS 37, 47, 59, 79).
- Aurora Quezon: Filipino wife of Manuel L. Quezon 2nd First Lady of the Philippines (d. 1949).
- Brooklyn, Commish Chandler suspends Durocher but he is absolved on May 3 New York fan charges Leo Durocher with assault after Giants lose 15-2 to
- Former First Lady of the Philippines Aurora Quezon, 61, is assassinated while en route to dedicate a hospital in memory of her late husband; her daughter and 10 others are also killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Again - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?