Friday 28 April 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willie Colon in the Bronx and Jay Leno in New Rochelle.
D.O.A., directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1950 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Willie Colon in the Bronx: New York, USA; actor (The Last Flight).
- Jay Leno in New Rochelle: New York, USA; comedian/talk show host (The Tonight Show).
- Jay Leno: American talk show host, comedian and commercial pitchman.
- Willie Colón: Puerto Rican trombonist and producer (Fania All-Stars).
- Steve Rider: English journalist and sportscaster.
- Bhumibol Adulyadej marries Queen Sirikit after their quiet engagement in Lausanne, Switzerland on July 19, 1949.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bewitched - Bill Snyder Orchestra
- Ray Anthony - Sentimental Me
- Sentimental Me - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?