Monday 28 April 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Narrow Margin, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1952 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Mary McDonnell in Wilkes-Barre: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Sneakers, Independence Day).
- Chuck Leavell: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (The Allman Brothers Band and Sea Level).
- Mary McDonnell: American actress.
- Patricia Lancer: American psychic.
- St. Louis Browns lend 2 black minor leaguers to Hankyu Braves of Japan
- WW II Pacific peace treaty takes effect
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Richmond Golf Open.
- Japan and the United States sign a formal peace treaty.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower resigns as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO.
- The Sino-Japanese Peace Treaty (Treaty of Taipei) is signed in Taipei, Taiwan between Japan and the Republic of China to officially end the Second Sino-Japanese War.
- The Treaty of San Francisco goes into effect, formally ending the war between Japan and the Allies, and simultaneously ending the occupation of the four main Japanese islands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?