Thursday 28 April 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Daddy Long Legs, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1955 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Antonia: Duchess of Wellington.
- Nicky Gumbel: English priest and author.
- Dieter Rubach: German bassist and producer (Accept and U.D.
- Eddie Jobson rock violinist (Zappa: United Kingdom, Roxy Music - "For Your Pleasure").
- Lode Cantens: Flemish playwrite (Gnomes of the City), dies at 43.
- WBIQ TV channel 10 in Birmingham, AL (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?