Monday 28 April 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1958 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Nancy Lee Grahn in Skokie: Illinois, USA; actress (Julia - Santa Barbara).
- Hal Evan Sutton in Shreveport: Louisiana, USA; PGA golfer (1982 Walt Disney, PGA 1983).
- Nancy Grahn: American actress.
- Rosanna Scotto: American journalist and actress.
- Hal Sutton: American golfer.
- Vanguard TV-5 launched for Earth orbit (failed).
- Vice President Richard Nixon begins goodwill tour of Latin America
- US Vice President Richard Nixon begins goodwill tour of Latin America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Champs - Tequila
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?