Sunday 28 April 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1968 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Vincent Baudriller: French theatre manager, currently the director of the Théâtre Vidy-Lausanne.
- Andy Flower: South African-English cricketer and coach.
- Akiko Ikuina: Japanese entertainer (Onyanko Club).
- Scott Putesky: American guitarist (Marilyn Manson and Jack Off Jill).
- Howard Donald: English musician.
- Mark Carrier: American athlete, pro-football defensive back from 1990-2000
- Damion Lyons: Canadian Football League cornerback (British Columbia Lions).
- Mark Carrier NFL safety (Chicago Bears: Detroit Lions).
- 11 year-old Mary Bell strangles 4 year-old
- Hair opens at Biltmore Theater in New York City for 1750 performances.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 April 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?