Sunday 28 April 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Damion Lyons and Mark Carrier NFL safety (Chicago Bears.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1968 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Damion Lyons: Canadian Football League cornerback (British Columbia Lions).
- Mark Carrier NFL safety (Chicago Bears: Detroit Lions).
- Vincent Baudriller: French theatre manager, currently the director of the Théâtre Vidy-Lausanne.
- Mark Carrier: American athlete, pro-football defensive back from 1990-2000.
- Howard Donald: English musician.
- Andy Flower: South African-English cricketer and coach
- Akiko Ikuina: Japanese entertainer (Onyanko Club)
- Scott Putesky: American guitarist (Marilyn Manson and Jack Off Jill)
- 11 year-old Mary Bell strangles 4 year-old
- Hair opens at Biltmore Theater in New York City for 1750 performances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?