Wednesday 28 April 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Young and Mihai Apostal in Bucharest.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Billy Jack, directed by T.C. Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1971 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Chris Young: Pennsylvania, United States -- Actor (Bryce Lynch-Max Headroom, Great Outdoors).
- Mihai Apostal in Bucharest: Romania; Canadian kayaker (Olympics-1996).
- Meredith McGrath in Midland: Michigan, USA; tennis star (1996 Essen doubles).
- Chris[topher Tyler] Young in Chambersburg: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Bryce Lynch - Max Headroom, Great Outdoors).
- Bridget Moynahan: American actress.
- Samuel Lee Gravely Jr becomes 1st black Admiral in US Navy
- The first number of ''Il Manifesto'' is issued in Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Bread - If
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?