Thursday 28 April 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Cole and David Freese.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Valley Girl, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Corridors of Genon or Maziacs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1983 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Louis Cole: YouTube Star.
- David Freese: Baseball Player.
- Gavin Butler: Metal Singer.
- Josh Brookes: Australian motorcycle racer.
- Roger Johnson: English footballer.
- Thomas Waldrom: New Zealand-English rugby player
- Bruins 4-Isles 1-Wales Conference Championship-Series tied 1-1
- Argentine government declares all 15-30,000 missing persons dead.
- NASA launches GOES-F.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?