Monday 28 April 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NOFX Backstage Passport.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bejeweled Twist or Call of Duty: World at War – Final Fronts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 April 2008 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 April
- Mars Incorporated and Berkshire Hathaway team up to buy chewing gum manufacturer Wm Wrigley Jr Company for US$23 billion, creating the world's largest confectionery company. Warren Buffet will loan US$4.4 billion for 20 percent stake in Wrigley.
- A train collision in Shandong, China, kills 72 people and injures 416 more.
- Tornadoes sweep through central and southeastern Virginia injuring more than 200 people and damaging multiple houses. (AP via ''The Southern Ledger'')
- Officials with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services find that 31 of the 53 girls between ages 14 and 17 seized from the YFZ Ranch have been, or are currently, pregnant. (AP via Fox News)
- General Motors announces that it will cut production of pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles in three plants in Michigan and one in Oshawa, Ontario and negotiate layoffs with the United Auto Workers and Canadian Auto Workers. (Reuters via ''The Guardian'')
- The United States Armed Forces says that three American soldiers have been killed in rocket or mortar attack in eastern Baghdad. (AP via Google News)
- The Supreme Court of the United States issues a decision upholding an Indiana law requiring voters to provide photo identification. (Reuters)
- Mars, Incorporated announces that it is buying the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, the world's largest chewing gum manufacturer, in a deal worth $23 billion. The deal is being partly financed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway company. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?