Tuesday 28 April 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, directed by Mark Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Queen Seondeok.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! or Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 28 April 2009 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 April
- The first transgenic, fluorescent dogs are cloned in South Korea. (AP via Google News)
- United States Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania switches from the Republican to the Democratic Party. (CNN)
- Sri Lanka's government denies Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt a visa. (Reuters)
- A 3.7-magnitude earthquake strikes Ulverston, Cumbria, England. (Sky News)
- The Russian destroyer ''Admiral Panteleyev'' detains 29 suspected Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden. (UPI)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?