Friday 28 August 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Osser and Hubert Argod.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1914 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Glenn Osser: Munising, Michigan -- Orchestra leader (Paul Whiteman Goodyear Revue).
- Hubert Argod: French diplomat, ambassador to Chad, 1961-1962; Cambodia, 1964-1968; Senegal/Gambia, 1969-1973; and Lebanon, 1975-1979.
- Jean Lalanne: France sport Champion.
- Anatoli Liadov: Composer, dies at 59.
- 3rd day of battle at Tannenberg: violent German / Russian battles
- John French evacuate Amiens
- World War I: the Royal Navy defeats the German fleet in the Battle of Heligoland Bight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?