Friday 28 August 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1914 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jean Lalanne: France sport Champion.
- Glenn Osser: Munising, Michigan -- Orchestra leader (Paul Whiteman Goodyear Revue).
- Hubert Argod: French diplomat, ambassador to Chad, 1961-1962; Cambodia, 1964-1968; Senegal/Gambia, 1969-1973; and Lebanon, 1975-1979.
- Anatoli Liadov: Composer, dies at 59.
- 3rd day of battle at Tannenberg: violent German / Russian battles
- John French evacuate Amiens
- World War I: the Royal Navy defeats the German fleet in the Battle of Heligoland Bight.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?