Monday 28 August 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack [Holbrook] Vance and Helene Baillargeon.
Dare ga sode otôkichi, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1916 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jack [Holbrook] Vance: United States -- Sci-fi author (2 Hugo, Dirdir, Pnume).
- Helene Baillargeon: Quebec singer and folklorist (d. 1997).
- C Mills: American sociologist, and a professor of sociology at Columbia University from 1946 until his death from a heart attack on 20 March 1962 in West Nyack, New York.
- Bernard Barberon: Paris 17?me Military man.
- Hélène Baillargeon: Canadian singer and actress (d. 1997).
- C Wright: C. Wright Mills American sociologist and author (d. 1962)
- Jack Vance: American author (d. 2013)
- Francis W Warre-Cornish: Engl vice-provost of Eton (1893-1916).
- World War I: Germany declares war on Romania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife - Joseph Cawthorn
- My Dreamy China Lady - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?