Sunday 28 August 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Blot, directed by Lois Weber, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1921 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jean-Philippe Charbonnier: French photographer and photo-journalist.
- John Chapman: Canadian physicist and engineer (d. 1979).
- Fernando Gómez: Spanish actor director and playwright (d. 2007).
- Nancy Kulp: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Miss Hathaway-Beverly Hillbillies).
- Fernando Fernan Gomez: Spanish actor, screenwriter, film director theater director and member of the Royal Spanish Academy for seven years.
- 2nd Pan-African Congress meets (London, Brussels & Paris)
- Babe Ruth starts streak of an extra-base hit in 9 straight games
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 August 1921 and get them!