Monday 28 August 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Monte Cristo, directed by Emmett J. Flynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1922 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 August
- Louis PMFG of Orleans: Earl of Eu / Brazil, dies at 80.
- 1st Walker Cup: US beats England 8-4
- Albert von Tilzer and Neville Fleesons musical premieres in New York City
- WEAF in NYC airs 1st radio coml (Queensboro Realty-$100 for 10 mins)
- Japan agrees to withdraw its troops from Siberia.
- Hyperinflation in Germany has seen the value of the Papiermark against the dollar rise to 1,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Stumbling - Frank Crumit
- Coo Coo - Al Jolson
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Furman & Nash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?