Thursday 28 August 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Iron Horse, directed by Kevin Brownlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1924 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Janet Frame: New Zealand -- Novelist (Intensive Care, Owls Do Cry).
- Tony MacGibbon: New Zealand cricketer and engineer (d. 2010).
- Peggy Ryan: American actress and dancer (d. 2004).
- Zalman Schachter-Shalomi: Ukrainian-American rabbi and author (d. 2014).
- Richard Sorenson: American military, United States Marine who received the Medal of Honor during World War II for his heroism during the Marine landing on Kwajalein Atoll on the night of 1 February 1944.
- The Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
- Georgia rises against the Soviet Union in an abortive rebellion, in which several thousands die.
- The Hanapepe Massacre occurs on Kauai, Hawaii.
- The 8-hour work day is introduced in Belgium.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- San - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Don't Mind the Rain - Blossom Seeley
- Forget-Me-Not (Means Remember Me) - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?