Thursday 28 August 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Animal Crackers, directed by Victor Heerman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1930 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Ben Gazzara in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Run for Your Life, QB VII).
- Windsor Davies: English actor.
- Ben Gazzara: American actor singer and director (d. 2012).
- Alvar Gullstrand: Swedish optician (Nobel 1911).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 August 1930 and get them!