Wednesday 28 August 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1940 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Philippe Léotard: French actor, poet, and singer.
- Nik Turner: English musician (Hawkwind).
- William S Cohen: (Sen-R-Maine, 1979- ).
- Roger Pingeon: French professional road cyclist racer (1964-74), the unexpected winner of the 1967 Tour de France.
- William Cohen: American lawyer and politician 20th United States Secretary of Defense.
- Ken Jenkins: American actor
- Gloria Leonard: American porn actress and publisher (d. 2014)
- Jean-Charles Sacotte: French judge, who served as president of the Court of Appeal and as Technical and Government Advisor for Finance and Economy in the delegation of Monaco to the United Nations Human Rights Committee.
- French colonies Cameroon / Congo-Brazzaville support General De Gaulle
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 August 1940 and get them!