Saturday 28 August 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sahara, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1943 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Lou Piniella: American baseball manager, Mariners.
- Lou Pinella: New York Yankees' manager (1969 American League rookie of the year).
- Anne "Honey" Lantree: Rocker.
- David Soul in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Starsky and Hutch, Here Comes the Bride).
- Surayud Chulanont: Thai general and politician 24th Prime Minister of Thailand.
- Robert Greenwald: American director and producer
- Shuja Khanzada: Pakistani colonel and politician (d. 2015)
- David Soul: American actor and noted star of the TV series "Starsky And Hutch." In the '70s he moved to England to work as a professional singer with a cabaret act, playing minor gigs and not making much money. Back in the States, he made a debut as a singer on "The Merv Griffin Show" before landing a role in the TV series "Here Come The Brides." On 3/27/1978 he had a back operation due to a ruptured disk.
- Denmark, declares a universal strike against Nazi occupiers
- Mussolini transfered from La Maddalena Sardinia to Gran Sasso
- World War II: in Denmark, a general strike against the Nazi occupation is started.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?