Saturday 28 August 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sorry, Wrong Number, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1948 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Daniel Seraphine: Chicago, Illinois -- Rock drummer (Chicago-If You Leave Me Now).
- Vonda N[eel] McIntyre: United States -- Sci-fi author (Star Trek II, III, IV).
- Carol Bartz: American businesswoman, CEO of Autodesk.
- Alexander Vietinghoff: Professional astrologer, Swiss and German, advocate of a psychological, esoteric and karmic orientated astrology, historian data collector.
- Vonda McIntyre: American author.
- Murray Parker: New Zealand cricketer and educator
- Heather Reisman: Canadian publisher and businesswoman founded Indigo Books and Music
- Danny Seraphine: American drummer and producer (Chicago)
- Elizabeth Wilmshurst: English academic and jurist
- Richard Astre:
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?