Friday 28 August 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1953 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Dominique Loiseau: French businesswoman, who is CEO of Bernard Loiseau group since 2003 and vice president of the 'Relais & Châteaux' network of hotels and gourmet restaurants.
- Ditmar Jakobs: German footballer.
- Tõnu Kaljuste: Estonian conductor and journalist.
- Me & Juliet opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 358 performances
- Nippon Television broadcasts Japan's first television show, including its first TV advertisement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?