Tuesday 28 August 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
1984, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1956 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Luis Guzman: Puerto Rican actor.
- John Long: American basketball player; Guard/ Forward, Raptors.
- Beverley Goddard-Callender: Barbados -- 4x100m (1980, 84 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Mark Lutz: Puerto Rican actor.
- Luis Guzmán: Puerto Rican-American actor and producer.
- Steve Whiteman: American singer-songwriter (Kix and Funny Money)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 August 1956 and get them!