Saturday 28 August 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
That Funny Feeling, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1965 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- James Jagger: son of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall.
- Shania Twain: Country Singer.
- Amanda Tapping: Canadian actress, director and producer.
- Satoshi Tajiri: founder of Game Freak.
- Umberto Pelizzari: Italian scuba diver who set a record for diving without any breathing apparatus in 1988, staying underwater for 5' 33".
- Giulio Racah: Israeli physicist (Born 1909).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Beatles - Help!
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Mel Carter - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag Part 1
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?