Monday 28 August 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1967 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Dominic Lucero: American actor singer and dancer (d. 1994).
- Jamie Osborne: English jockey and trainer.
- Frederick Kesner: Philippine-born Australian poet.
- Chris Armstrong: CFL slot back (Montreal Alouettes).
- Darren Lewis: Berkeley, California -- Outfielder (Chicago White Sox).
- Asif Iqbal and Intikhab Alam make 190 stand for 9th wkt vs. Eng
- Boston signs 1st free-agent outfielder Ken Harrelson for $75,000 bonus
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?