Thursday 28 August 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones.
The Trouble with Girls, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1969 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Mary McCartney: English photographer and activist.
- Pierre Turgeon: Rouyn, Quebec -- NHL center (NY Islanders, Montreal Canadiens).
- John Baumgardner: American homicide victim, he was gunned down at a mall in Fairfax, VA in 1994, allegedly as punishment or revenge for being an abusive partner.
- Jack Black: Movie Actor.
- Jason Priestley: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Actor (Brandon-Beverly Hills 90210).
- Clarence R Hennecke: Actor (Keystone Kops), dies at 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?