Tuesday 28 August 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner.
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while First Among Equals by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1984 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Kaya Jones: Pop Singer.
- Mercy Johnson: Movie Actress.
- Anna Passey: Soap Opera Actress.
- Michael Galeota: American actor (d. 2016).
- Sarah Roemer: American actress and model.
- Josef Fritzl drugs and incarcerates his daughter Elisabeth in a secret cellar, in Amstetten, Austria she was released only after 24 years of sexual abuse and mental ordeal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- John Waite - Missing You
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Cyndi Lauper - She Bop
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
- Prince - Let's Go Crazy
- Huey Lewis & The News - If This Is It
- Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're In My Arms Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?