Thursday 28 August 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Quvenzhane Wallis and Lily Wallace.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Emergency.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ATV Quad Power Racing 2 or Pac-Man Vs..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 28 August 2003 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Quvenzhane Wallis: Movie Actress.
- Lily Wallace: Dancer.
- Lil Ryan: Rapper.
- Quvenzhané Wallis: American actress and singer.
- Brian Douglas Wells: American criminal (failed) (Born 1956).
- In the USA, Brian Douglas Wells wears a time bomb explosive fastened to his neck, and dies. The event stands out as the most bizarre event in the history of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- An electricity blackout cuts off power to around 500,000 people living in south east England and brings 60% of London's underground rail network to a halt.
- 9/11: Nearly two years after the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center, transcripts of World Trade Center emergency calls are released. Voices of victims are identified on emergency calls and radio transmissions.
- United Kingdom – ''London blackout'': A 34 minute power outage causes major disruptions in rail and Tube services in London and the South East when one of the National Grid circuits that feeds south London fails at about .
- Nuclear program: North Korea announces that it is in possession of nuclear weapons, has the means to deliver them, and will soon be carrying out a nuclear test to demonstrate this capability.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?