Monday 28 August 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 28 August 2006 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 August
- A Greyhound Lines bus from New York City to Montreal, carrying 52 people, crashes at mile 115 on Interstate 87 near Elizabethtown killing five people including the driver, and several are seriously injured.
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan tells the Lebanese government that he wants the two Israeli soldiers captured by Hezbollah to be handed to the Red Cross. (Haaretz)
- A DNA test of John Mark Karr does not match the DNA found on the body of JonBenét Ramsey, and prosecutors in the U.S. state of Colorado say they will not charge Karr with murder. (CNN)
- Mexico's Federal Electoral Tribunal rules unanimously that results in contested polling stations only marginally affected the lead of Felipe Calderón of the ruling National Action Party over Andrés Manuel López Obrador in July's disputed presidential election. (''The Australian'')
- The State Comptroller of Israel Micha Lindenstrauss releases a report stating that Ehud Olmert made political appointments of Likud Party members while serving as Industry Trade Minister. (Israel National News)
- Three bombs explode in the Turkish coastal town of Marmaris following an explosion in Istanbul shortly after midnight local time (2100 UTC Sunday). At least 22 people have been injured in the explosions. A further explosion occurred hours later in nearby Antalya, killing at least three people. (BBC)
- Dozens are killed in an explosion at a disused pipeline near Diwaniya, Iraq, apparently while scavenging for petrol. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?