Thursday 28 August 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Disturbia by Rihanna.
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 August 2008 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 August
- Phil Hill: American race car driver and one-time F1 world champion (Born 1927).
- September 7 – Hurricane Hanna kills seven in the United States, and 529 in Haiti, mostly due to deluges and mudslides.
- U.S. presidential election: Democratic National Convention
- Illinois Senator Barack Obama accepts the nomination of the Democratic Party at the INVESCO Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado, becoming the first African American to be nominated by a major party for election as President of the United States. (BBC News)
- Mexico's Supreme Court resolves by an 8–3 vote to uphold the constitutionality of the Federal District's 2007 Abortion Law. (Prensa Latina)
- Afghan and international troops claimed to have killed over 100 Taliban militants in fighting in the Helmand province over the past few days. (AFP via Google News)
- 2008 South Ossetia war:
- Russia's PM Vladimir Putin accuses unnamed individuals in the U.S. of orchestrating Georgia's military actions preceding the conflict with Russia. (RTE)
- Georgian president, Mikhail Saakashvili announces he will propose a Georgian 'Patriot Act' to Georgian Parliament. (Civil.Ge)
- Georgia buries 26 Unknown soldiers (Civil).
- Eka Tkeshelashvili, the foreign minister of Georgia, claims that ethnic cleansing is underway in South Ossetia and will be completed shortly. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- 2008 Atlantic hurricane season
- Tropical Storm Gustav makes landfall on the island of Jamaica. The storm is responsible for at least 51 deaths in Haiti and 8 more in the Dominican Republic. (CNN)
- Tropical Storm Hanna forms northeast of the Leeward Islands. (AP via MarketWatch)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?