Saturday 28 August 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
127 Hours, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 August 2010 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 August
- William P Foster: American band director and educator (Born 1919).
- Suspected United States missiles strike two cars carrying militants in Pakistan's Kurram Valley resulting in at least four deaths. (AP via Fox News)
- A heavy exchange of gunfire erupts outside a Pakistan security forces office in Peshawar near the United States consulate. Two hostages were taken but eventually freed. (Al-Jazeera)
- Suspected Taliban insurgents attack two coalition allied military bases in eastern Afghanistan both attacks are repelled by coalition forces, killing 24 militants while taking no casualties. (BBC)
- Cuba eases property laws, allowing foreign investors to lease government land for up to 99 years. (Al Jazeera)
- China and India state that the military ties between the two countries will not be affected despite the recent visa dispute.
- The International Criminal Court reports Kenya to the United Nations Security Council over a visit by Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir to the country. (''The Standard'')
- Rwanda threatens to limit cooperation with the United Nations after a report accused the country of war crimes in neighbouring Democratic Republic of the Congo. (AFP)
- Iran answers Lebanon's call to help fund the Lebanese Army after the United States threatened to cut off funds following the 2010 Adaisseh incident.
- Iran says no final decision has been made on the stoning of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, who was convicted of adultery. (Iranian Students' News Agency)
- Former President of Madagascar Marc Ravalomanana is sentenced in absentia to life in prison with hard labour for ordering the killing of opposition supporters. (Reuters Africa)
- A large gathering of people attend Glenn Beck's ampquotRestoring Honorampquot rally at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. (''USA Today'')
- Four members of the Pakistan national cricket team are allegedly involved in a betting scandal including captain Salman Butt fast bowlers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir and wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal during their current tour of England. (''Daily Mail'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 August 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?