Tuesday 28 August 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 28 August 2012 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 August
- Syrian civil war:
- Twelve people are killed in a twin-blast bomb attack by unknown people at the entrance of a Druze cemetery in the Jaramana district of southeast Damascus. (RIA Novosti)
- At least one person is killed and another four injured in renewed fighting in the Indian city of Kokrajhar in the state of Assam. (BBC)
- Clashes continue in Mombasa, protesting the killing of radical Muslim Kenyan cleric Aboud Rogo. The government of Kenya orders a swift investigation. (coastweek.com)
- Colombian president Juan Manuel Santos announces the start of preliminary peace talks with the FARC-EP guerrilla group. (''Washington Post'')
- A Muslim Sufi leader, Safi Afandi, is killed in a suicide bomb attack in the Russian republic of Dagestan. (Al Jazeera)
- Wong Kar-wai is to be jury president of the 2013 Berlinale film festival. (Xinhua)
- At least four Chinese fishermen die and another twelve are missing in the Korea Strait as Typhoon Bolaven hits South Korea. The Chinese meteo service issues a blue alert. (Xinhua)
- Tropical Storm Isaac is upgraded to a category 1 hurricane as the storm makes landfall along the Gulf Coast in Louisiana. (CNN)
- An Israeli court rules that Israel is not responsible for the death of American activist Rachel Corrie at the hands of an Israeli Army bulldozer in the Gaza Strip in 2003. (''The Times of Israel'')
- French officials open up a murder case in the death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat following a ampquotcomplaint against Xampquot by his widow. (''Le Monde'')
- The United States Republican Party officially nominates Mitt Romney as its candidate in the 2012 presidential election at the National Convention in Tampa, Florida. (''Boston Globe'')
- IBM sells a ampquotmost powerful and advancedampquot server. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- A teen-aged boy proposes Novak Djokovic for marriage at a US Open training and gets some playtime in return. (''Huffington Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?