Monday 28 December 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John von Neumann and Henri Lauzin.
Bullet Piercing a Soap Bubble, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1903 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- John von Neumann: Mathematician / astronomer (Bocher Award 1938).
- Henri Lauzin: French military, aviator, french air force general, fought in indochina & the far east.
- John Von Neumann: Hungarian-American pure and applied mathematician and polymath.
- Henry Lauzin: France Military man.
- Earl Hines: American pianist and bandleader (d. 1983).
- George [Robert] Gissing English novelist: dies at age 46.
- Electric lamp sets fire to Iroquois theater in Chicago; 602 die.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- By the Sycamore Tree - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?