Monday 28 December 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1908 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Lew Ayres: American actor onscreen from 1929.
- Messina, Italy struck by an earthquake (nearly 80,000 died).
- A magnitude 7.2 earthquake rocks Messina, Sicily killing over 75,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm Glad I'm Married - Billy Murray
- Stille Nacht, Helige Nacht (Silent Night, Holy Night) - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Will Oakland
- Don't Take Me Home - Bob Roberts
- Peerless Quartet - Old Black Joe
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?