Thursday 28 December 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Az ezredes, directed by Mihály Kertész, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1916 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Noel Johnson British actor (Frenzy: Frightmare, Royal Flash).
- Nelly Landry: Belgian tennis player, she became French citizen after marriage with player Pierre Landry.
- Eduard Strauss Austrian composer (318 dances): dies at age 81.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Sunshine of Your Smile - John McCormack
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1916 and get them!