Saturday 28 December 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Das Schicksal der Maria Keith, directed by Rudolf Walther-Fein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1918 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 December
- Olavo Bilac: Brazilian poet, journalist and critic, an acclaimed poet and chief member of a group related to the French Parnassians.
- George H White last post Reconstruction congressman (Pennsylvania): dies.
- Constance Markiewicz while detained in Holloway prison, became the first woman to be elected MP to the British House of Commons.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hindustan - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?