Friday 28 December 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1928 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Rene Domingo: France sport Champion.
- René Domingo: French soccer player.
- Moe Koffman: Canadian flute player saxophonist and composer (d. 2001).
- Claus Landsittel: Germany Actor.
- Kamillo Lendvay: Composer.
- Bill Gradison: American investment broker, and politician, a Republican congressman from Ohio between 1975-1993.
- Last recording of Ma Rainey, Mother of the Blues, made
- Louis Armstrong makes 78 recording of West End blues
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Blackbirds are Bluebirds Now - Ruth Etting
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?