Monday 28 December 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1931 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Guy Debord: French writer and film director.
- Jean Depierris: France Writer.
- Georg "Org" Marais: South African economist / underminister of Finance.
- John de Mol: Dutch vocalist / composer / producer.
- Martin Milner: TV Actor.
- Lin-Sen succeeds Chiang Kai-shek as President of Nanjing-China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Home - Peter Van Steeden & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?