Wednesday 28 December 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Frisco Jenny, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1932 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Manuel Puig: Argentina writer (Buenos Aires Affair), dies at 57.
- Dorsey Burnette: American singer-songwriter (The Rock and Roll Trio) (d. 1979).
- Roy Hattersley: English journalist and politician Shadow Home Secretary.
- Harry Howell: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Titien Sumarni: Indonesian actress (d. 1966).
- Nichelle Nichols in Robbins: Illinois, USA; actress (Uhura-Star Trek).
- Dorsey Burnette in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; rocker ("Tall Oak Tree", "Hey Little One").
- Clem Schouwenaars: Flemish poet / writer
- Dhirubhai Ambani: Indian businessman (d. 2002)
- Nichelle Nichols: TV Actress
- Jack Blackham: Australian cricketer (Born 1854).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1932 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Play, Fiddle, Play - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I've Told Ev'ry Little Star - Jack Denny & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1932 and get them!