Thursday 28 December 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1933 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- John Y Brown: Jr.
- John Brown: American soldier lawyer and politician 55th Governor of Kentucky.
- Charles Fiterman: French politician.
- Cornelius Gurlitt: The son of Hildebrand Gurlitt (art dealer and historian) hoarded a treasure of 1500 missing pictures (hypothetical market value hundreds of millions €) until found by German customs spring 2011 in Munich.
- Jack Perkins in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; newscaster (Prime Time Sunday, NBC Magazine).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- April in Paris - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?