Friday 28 December 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1934 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Alasdair Gray: Scottish writer and artist.
- Dame Maggie Smith: British actress.
- Rudi Fassnacht: German football manager (d. 2000).
- Rudi Faßnacht: German footballer and manager (d. 2000).
- Yujiro Ishihara: Japanese actor singer and producer (d. 1987).
- John Akers: American administrator and CEO with IBM, specializing in merchandise marketing. Akers has a BS in Industrial Administration.
- François Kourilsky: French physician and immunologist, a world leader in tumor biology and the major histocompatibility complex. François Kourilsky together with Michel Fougereau founded the 'Centre d'Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy' (CIML) in 1976. Kourilsky was general manager of the 'Centre national de la recherche scientifique' (CNRS) from 1988 to 1994. CNRS is the largest governmental research organisation in France and the largest fundamental science agency in Europe.
- David Warrilow: Actor (Simon, Radio Days, Dakota Road, Barton Fink)
- Peggy Wilson: Golfer
- Maggie Smith: Movie Actress
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Blue Danube - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
- Believe it, Beloved - Fats Waller
- Love is Just Around the Corner - Bing Crosby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?