Friday 28 December 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Warrilow and Peggy Wilson.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1934 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- David Warrilow: Actor (Simon, Radio Days, Dakota Road, Barton Fink).
- Peggy Wilson: Golfer.
- Dame Maggie Smith: British actress.
- Rudi Fassnacht: German football manager (d. 2000).
- John Akers: American administrator and CEO with IBM, specializing in merchandise marketing.
- Alasdair Gray: Scottish writer and artist. His most acclaimed work is his first novel, Lanark, published in 1981 and written over a period of almost 30 years, now regarded as a classic. His novel Poor Things (1992) won the Whitbread Novel Award and the Guardian Fiction Prize. He describes himself as a civic nationalist and a republican. Gray's works combine elements of realism, fantasy, and science fiction, plus clever use of typography and his own illustrations. He has also written on politics, in support of
- François Kourilsky: French physician and immunologist, a world leader in tumor biology and the major histocompatibility complex. François Kourilsky together with Michel Fougereau founded the 'Centre d'Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy' (CIML) in 1976. Kourilsky was general manager of the 'Centre national de la recherche scientifique' (CNRS) from 1988 to 1994. CNRS is the largest governmental research organisation in France and the largest fundamental science agency in Europe.
- Maggie Smith: Movie Actress
- Rudi Faßnacht: German footballer and manager (d. 2000)
- Yujiro Ishihara: Japanese actor singer and producer (d. 1987)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Blue Danube - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
- Believe it, Beloved - Fats Waller
- Bing Crosby - Love is Just Around the Corner
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?