Saturday 28 December 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1935 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Fernando Lopes: Portugal -- Director (Encoberto, Matar Saudades).
- Clarence Day: American author and poet (d. 1935).
- W P A Federal Art Project Gallery opens in New York City
- Pravda publishes a letter by Pavel Postyshev, who revives New Year tree tradition in the Soviet Union.
- Mary McLeod Bethune founds the National Council of Negro Women.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Twenty-Four Hours a Day - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- A Little Bit Independent - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
- Alone - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1935 and get them!