Tuesday 28 December 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sex Madness, directed by Dwain Esper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1937 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Bengt Ahlfors: Finnish film director.
- Jean-Jacques Brochier: French journalist, editor of Le Magazine littéraire (English: The Literary Magazine) from 1968 to 2004.
- Ratan Tata: Indian industrialist.
- Jorge da Costa: Portuguese businessman.
- Fascist Octavian Goga becomes Prime Minister of Romania; begins spread of Judaism.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Thanks for the Memory - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- There's a Gold Mine in the Sky - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Sweet Someone - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- In the Still of the Night - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?