Saturday 28 December 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alvin Elliot Singleton and Lonnie Liston Smith American jazz performer (Cosmic Echoes.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1940 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Alvin Elliot Singleton: Composer.
- Lonnie Liston Smith American jazz performer (Cosmic Echoes: Magic Lady).
- Loredana Furno: Italian ballerina and choreographer.
- Don Francisco: Chilean television host.
- A Antony: Indian lawyer and politician Indian Minister of Defence.
- Arthur Morris scores 111 in second innings of first game after 148.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yes, My Darling Daughter - Dinah Shore
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?