Monday 28 December 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1942 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Lysian Bonnafous: French homicide victm, a psychiatrist who shot to death his wife and two teenage daughters on 5/13/1992, 3:50 PM, and then shot and killed himself.
- Roger Swerts: .
- Frederic Grasset: French diplomat who served as France's ambassador to Ireland.
- Paul Horowitz in New York City: New York, USA; physicist, META project (Sloan Award 1971-3).
- Robert Sullivan becomes first pilot to fly across the Atlantic Ocean 100 times.
- Oberkommando Wehrmacht orders strategic flight out of Kaukasus.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1942 and get them!