Monday 28 December 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Horowitz in New York City and Lysian Bonnafous.
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1942 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Paul Horowitz in New York City: New York, USA; physicist, META project (Sloan Award 1971-3).
- Lysian Bonnafous: French homicide victm, a psychiatrist who shot to death his wife and two teenage daughters on 5/13/1992, 3:50 PM, and then shot and killed himself.
- Frederic Grasset: French diplomat who served as France's ambassador to Ireland.
- Roger Swerts: .
- Robert Sullivan becomes first pilot to fly across the Atlantic Ocean 100 times.
- Oberkommando Wehrmacht orders strategic flight out of Kaukasus.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?