Tuesday 28 December 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1943 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne: Peruvian cardinal.
- Bobby Comstock: Rocker.
- Juan Cipriani Thorne: Cardinal Priest and Archbishop of Lima in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Juan Thorne: Peruvian cardinal.
- Keith Floyd: English chef and author (d. 2009).
- David Peterson: Canadian lawyer and politician 20th Premier of Ontario
- Joan Ruddock: Welsh politician
- Richard Whiteley: English journalist and game show host (d. 2005)
- Oscar D: Dhlomo; South African Secretary-General of Inkatha (1978-90).
- David Peterson in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; premier of Ontario Canada (Liberal) (1982-).
- Steve Evans: American baseball player (Born 1885).
- All inhabitants of Kalmukkie are deported, about 70,000 killed.
- World War II : After eight days of brutal house-to-house fighting, the battle of Ortona concludes with the victory of the1st Canadian Infantry Division over the German 1st Parachute Division and the capture of the Italian town of Ortona.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?