Friday 28 December 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Deva and Dwight Bement.
Scarlet Street, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1945 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Deva: King of Nepal (1972- ).
- Dwight Bement: rocker (Gary Puckett and Union Gap - "Young Girl").
- Max Hastings: British editor-in-chief (Daily Telegraph).
- Birendra of: Birendra of Nepal (d. 2001).
- Theodore Dreiser: American writer, a realistic novelist who interpreted life frankly.
- Congress officially recognizes Pledge of Allegiance
- The United States Congress officially recognizes the Pledge of Allegiance.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?